Cart is Empty
Safe to Buy
How to land a job without a diploma!
How to land a job without a diploma!
As Mark Twain once it put it best...
Education consists mainly in what we have unlearned.
Aside from a life experience degree, it's difficult to take what you learn during your lifetime and label it formal education when others seek a diploma, framed on a wall, to see that your education is earned.
Why are diplomas so important?
A diploma represents an education earned. Think about it like this... two students go to a school, one comes out with a diploma and the other quits halfway through. Although, what may look just like a piece of paper to some, represents the ability to finish what you start - to others. To an employer, having a diploma means that you are less likely to give up and walk away when the going gets tough. Having to prove that you won't, is how you can still land a job even without a diploma in hand!
Now if a large amount of people are dropping out, stay in, makes you only appear that much more special! In fact, consider that in 2003 and 2004, only 42% of students compared high school, as reported by the The National Center for Education. And of that 42%, only 42% of them even bothered to apply for college. This goes to show that people not only give up on high school but quality their ability to make it in college, which shows a huge lack of desire to achieve their goals in life. This lack of college education or even a high school diploma, proves that there a more people than you can image seeking job openings without a college degree. If this is you, you aren't alone -- which is a good thing.
Going to through school can be a struggle for some and others need inspiration. I have found many current students who buy fake diplomas and phony degrees and hang them on their walls, inspiring them of what they can achieve if they work hard. Fake diplomas are designed to look just real diplomas - shockingly authentic replications.
Diploma Company is a supplier of fake diplomas, including high school diplomas, fake college diplomas, and more.
What to have at your job interview, if a diploma is not available!
If you don't know how to prepare for your job interview, start by brining you experience! As much as you probably argued with yourself, about staying in school, getting your diploma, going off to college, or getting a graduate degree vs. working. That decision is now yours and you need to use it your advantage. In the case of many employers, they don't necessarily look at this as a negative.
Consider it like this, it cost a company a lot less to hire a candidate without a diploma degree, than somebody with one. If you can prove that you have the same education and understanding to do the job, the company might take a chance on you since you are less of a financial risk.
As far as employers looking at those without diplomas as quitters, see the flipside to the argument! If you have continued to work at for the same company over a long period of time, future employers will not see you as a quitter even if you quit school years ago. On the other hand, job candidates who lack a diploma and have managed to change jobs year after year, will look even poorer in the eyes of a respectable interviewer.
It is also important to understand the negatives of working in an environment where many of your coworkers have a diploma that you lack. They may look at you as somebody who took the easy road and lucked up with a job they don't deserve. BUT this is a negative that you can overcome:
- Take a career assessment and figure out what you want to do. Even without a diploma, companies who love what they do. Happy employees work harder and complain less. Show a passion and desire and that will surely stand out more than any diploma will!
- Gather any information can about the company. Interview other employees, go to workshops, ask to sit in on seminars, etc. When you talk highly about a company and speak as somebody who already knows who they are and what they're about, your desire shines to those seeking candidates who want to be there!
- Be yourself. Dress for an interview by wearing what makes people see you for you.
- Interview clearly. Speak well about who you are, your background, your ability to do the job, etc.
Here are 5 tips to help you accomplish the goal of interviewing well (even without a diploma):
- Be confident. Look into the eyes of the person interviewing. Let them know that they have your attention.
- Smile. Don't look upset or uncomfortable. Have fun with it.
- Shake hands firmly. Especially when you hand over your resume, references, or diploma.
- Speak clearly. Others need to know what you're trying to get across.
- Body language, ton of voice, posture. This all comes with the interview preparation.
Just remember not having a diploma during a job interview does not make you less special. Only you can do that! That's why it's important to shine where it matters most and to take attention away from the fact that you lack a diploma degree
can i get a job without a diploma, can i get a job without a degree, can i find work without a college education, job interview